Based on his thirty years “in the trenches” as a marriage therapist and the knowledge and insight he has gained from thousands of clients, Jerry Shipp has written a book of practical and, sometimes, humorous parables to help us grow deeply satisfying marriages.
In our high-tech, chaotic world where relationships are shallow and people are more connected to their devices than to each other, it is difficult to know how to create a “perfect” marriage when there are so few good examples out there. How can we create “love for a lifetime?” Everybody wants it, but so few seem to achieve it. This book will give some answers to these burning questions.
In just two minutes a day, men, you will learn:
- What Eeyore, Tarzan, the Grinch, Pepe Le Pew, and Captain Picard have to say about intimate relationships,
- How “Jaws,” “50 First Dates,” “Sherlock Holmes,” “Godzilla,” and “True Lies” can help you to enjoy and improve your marriage,
- What “Stupidville” is and how not to go there,
- The proper way to “pursue” the woman you love, and
- How to overcome being a “doofus.”
Women, you will learn:
- How to prevent “drift,”
- What “unconditional respect,” The Law of Association, and “submission” really mean,
- How to “fight” in a way that strengthens your marriage,
- What ordinary things like scabs, weeds, frogs, and back doors can teach you about your marriage.
Couples, if you apply the mostly simple (but not necessarily easy) suggestions in this book, you will have created a fabulous, enduring relationship.